We bet you didn’t know these cool facts about F.R.I.E.N.D.S
F.R.I.E.N.D.S is one of the most watched sitcoms of all time. People all over the world keep comparing their friends to Joey, Rachel, Ross, Phoebe, Monica and Chandler – the ideal group of friends.
Keeping this in mind and as a part of their 6th-anniversary celebrations, Comedy Central brings to you 5 days of non-stop laughter of the all-time favorite sitcom - F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
Here are a few lesser known facts that are sure to take you down memory lane.
1. No one was a real fan of the theme song by The Rembrandts. The initial choice R.E.M.’s Shiny Happy People was almost used for the opening credits for the series
2. Friends was supposed to be four friends – Ross, Rachel, Monica and Joey. Phoebe and Chandler were only supporting roles.
3. The orange couch used in Central Perk was found in the basement of the Warner Bros studio
4. Season Two is the only season of Friends where there is no episode on Thanksgiving Day
5. Hank Azaria auditioned for the role of Joey twice.
6. Towards the end of the series, every lead character was paid $1 million per episode which later escalated to $10 million per episode
7. Joey owes Chandler $114,260 in the show
8. Gunther had no name until the middle of season 2. He got his first line in the 33rd episode; he said "yeah"
9. The series was aired on the most expensive spot on TV. Its 30-second commercial spots in the final episode sold in the UK for approx. $1.8 million
Relive the awesomeness and prove your loyalty by watching these 236 episodes back to back all day long from January 19, 2018, on Comedy Central