10 facts you definitely didn't know about Anushka Sharma
The Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma who turns 30 today, has been successful ever since her debut in 2008 and has gone on from one strength to another every year since then
As Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma turns 30, here are some facts you didn’t know about her before and after she became a celebrity.
1. Anushka Sharma began her career after she was spotted by chance in a Bengaluru mall by fashion designer Wendell Rodricks.
2. Anushka who has said she loves attention did not want to be an actress and only wanted to stick to modelling.
3. According to an interview, Anushka said she was a school topper and actually wanted to pursue journalism.
4. Though Anushka got her first big break with Shah Rukh Khan in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, not many know that she spent an entire day preparing for the screen test and refused to do an impromptu one.
5. Anushka Sharma is the only other actor apart from Shah Rukh Khan to feature in movies featured by both father and son, Yash and Aditya Chopra.
6. In 2014, the actress auctioned her black leather jacket from Jab Tak Hai Jaan on e-bay towards the re-development of flood-ravaged states of Kashmir and Assam.
7. Even though Anushka shot to fame with Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi and Band Baaja Baraat, she never won a Filmfare award for it and instead won best supporting actress for her role in Jab Tak Hain Jaan
8. It is said that Anushka Sharma was once the muse of MF Hussain and he even wished to do a portrait of her
9. In 2015, Anushka Sharma was named the ‘Hottest vegetarian of 2015’ by PETA
10. In 2015, Anushka launched 'Pawsitivity' which is a campaign aimed at sensitising people about the adverse effects of different kinds of pollution on animals.