2019 year in entertainment: Here are the top Hindi movies that ruled the Twitter charts
Chennai, Dec 23: Twitter is a platform where people come to see what’s happening and join in conversations on topics they’re interested in.
Entertainment is a major discussion topic as audiences share their views and engage with their favourite movies and actors.
In 2019, several Bollywood movies set the tone for driving varied cultural conversations across the country.
While movies like #super30 portrayed inspirational real-life stories on the silver screen, movies like #uri and #kesari were all about patriotism.
#Gullyboy brought to focus conversations on the Indian rap culture and #article15 led to people discussing the various social issues prevalent in the country.
Talking about the prominent movies in 2019, according to #ThisHappened 2019 report, following movies got all the entertainment buffs talking on Twitter and were officially the most Tweeted about Hindi movies of the year.
* Methodology: Ranked by a number of unique authors discussing on Twitter from Jan 1 to Nov 15, 2019.
#ThisHappened: Top Most Mentioned Accounts in Entertainment
The Top 10 Most Mentioned Handles in Entertainment - Male
- Amitabh Bachchan @SrBachchan
- Akshay Kumar @akshaykumar
- Salman Khan @BeingSalmanKhan
- Shah Rukh Khan @iamsrk
- Vijay @actorvijay
- AR Rahman @arrahman
- Ranveer Singh @RanveerOfficial
- Ajay Devgn @ajaydevgn
- Mahesh Babu @urstrulyMahesh
- Atlee @Atlee_dir
The Top 10 Most Mentioned Handles in Entertainment - Female
- Sonakshi Sinha @sonakshisinha
- Anushka Sharma @AnushkaSharma
- Lata Mangeshkar @mangeshkarlata
- Archana Kalpathi @archanakalpathi
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas @priyankachopra
- Alia Bhatt @aliaa08
- Kajal Aggarwal @MsKajalAggarwal
- Sunny Leone @SunnyLeone
- Madhuri Dixit Nene @MadhuriDixit
- Rakul Singh @Rakulpreet
* Methodology: Most mentioned accounts are ranked by a number of unique authors discussing on Twitter from Jan 1 to Nov 15, 2019.