Exclusive: 5 things to remember for your bridal shopping by Bollywood stylist Tanya Ghavri
Stylist to the stars, Tanya Ghavri, is the woman behind the enviable looks of Sonam Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, Janhvi Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor and some of the leading stars of Bollywood. She along with her partner, B’town producer Ashi Dua is known for Dhoom Dhaam Trunk Show, where the brides-to-be can shop from various well-known designers under one roof. Just before the wedding season is all set to begin, the expert stylist has some really useful tips that could help you not be a bridezilla! Read on:
1. Everyone knows you’re the bride, don’t go overboard. You will be the centre of attention and it’s best if you’re comfortable and confident in what you’re wearing.
2. Try to keep your shopping clan small. Having several opinions while shopping can take you far away from what you are looking for. So, it’s best to take your mother along with your sister or best friend to have an easy and stress free experience.
3. Don’t start shopping too soon, as the trends change super quickly. You don’t want to wear an outdated outfit on your wedding day. Just keep in mind you need around three months for your outfit to be ready.
4. Try and shop for jewellery before clothes, it makes the process easier, faster and less stressful.
5. Always try the dupatta with your outfit. Whether you’re opting for one dupatta or two, make sure you try and see how it looks on you.
The Dhoom Dham Trunk Show is set to happen in Hyderabad on January 19.