Taj Coromandel's 'egg nog ice cream' just made this festive season a whole lot more jolly!
The English name’s etymology isn't entirely known. Some say 'nog' comes from 'noggin,' which means a wooden cup, or 'grog,' a strong beer. By the late 18th century, the combined term 'eggnog' stuck.
Eggnog ice cream
Egg yolk 4
Egg whites 4
Bourbon whiskey 120ml
Vanilla Pod 1
Grated Nut Meg 10 gms
Dairy cream 450 ml
Condensed milk 100 gms
1. Boil the cream with the vanilla pod and add to beaten egg yolks.
2. Add bourbon, condensed milk and nutmeg powder.
3. Allow it to cool over ice bath.
4. Beat egg whites to soft peaks and fold into the mixture.
5. Remove vanilla bean and churn in ice cream maker.
6. Store in freezer.
Available at La Patisserie, Taj Coromandel in Chennai. On request.