Christmas special: Chef Kunal Kapur shares the recipe for a healthy oats pancake
Chef Kunal Kapur shares an easy-to-make pancake recipe with Indulge readers
Christmas means an array of toothsome desserts including some homemade plum and fruit cakes and pancakes for breakfast. Celebrity Chef Kunal Kapur shares on such healthy pancake recipe made with oats. Have it hot with a dollop of maple syrup to warm up your winter morning.
Coco Christmas Pancakes
Prep time - 10 mins
Cooking time - 15 mins
Rolled oats: 1½ cups |Milk: 1½ cups | Two eggs | A pinch of salt | 1 tsp vanilla extract | 2tsp sugar | One roughly cut apple | ¼ tsp clove powder | ¼ tsp Nutmeg powder | ¼ tsp Dry Ginger Powder | 1 tsp baking powder | 5 tbsp Infused Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil - Cinnamon | Maple syrup as an accompaniment |Cranberries as an accompaniment
* Add oats into a grinder and grind to a fine powder.
* In the same grinder add milk, break in eggs, salt, vanilla, sugar, apple, cloves powder, nutmeg powder, dry ginger powder, baking powder and 2 tbsp of Infused cold press virgin coconut oil cinnamon.
* Grind everything together to make into a batter which is thick but pouring consistency.
* Adjust the consistency a little with some milk if required.
* Heat a non-stick pan and pour a little batter into the centre. Allow it to cook for two mins. Drizzle the cinnamon-infused oil and flip the pancake to cook on the other side. Drizzle some infused oil again.
* Once done remove and serve with maple syrup. Garnish with cranberries.