Holi tips: Celeb expert Adhuna Bhabani offers pointers to protect your hair from harmful colours
Protect your hair this Holi from harmful chemicals with tips from BBlunt's Adhuna Bhabani
Should you tie your hair in a bun or a braid? Or better still, keep it open? Should you put oil in your hair before playing with colourd during Holi? How to clean your mane after getting splashed in colours? Fret not. Indulge brings you seven important tips from celebrity hair expert Adhuna Bhabani, who is the founder and creative director of BBLUNT.
- Prepping your hair with a serum or leave-in conditioner from mid-length to end helps create a protective layer, guarding the hair from the harmful chemicals in the colour or any surface damage.
- Avoid using oil as it tends to be more stubborn. Over-washing the oil will result in drying out of your hair, making it more brittle and causing further damage. There is also a higher possibility of the powdered colour mixing with the oil and sticking to your roots .
Post- Holi Tips:
- First, opt for cold water to rinse the color off.
- Make sure never to use hot water to remove the colour as it will only end up solidifying it.
- Immediately shampoo and condition your hair with a special concoction of Keratin and Argan oil, which is the ideal fix to repair your hair and help dry, damaged hair come back to life.
- Avoid washing your hair repeatedly as it will strip off the moisture from the hair leaving it brittle.
- Don’t forget to apply a leave-in cream or Climate Control Anti Frizz serum after your wash routine on the mid-length to end of your hair to repair any surface damage.