Thanksgiving special: Two easy-to-make recipes from Executive Chef Mahesh Padala of The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace
Executive Chef of The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, Mahesh Padala, has shared two of his signature recipes.
It’s that time of the year where you get to relish an array of festive dishes, especially delicious Turkey, pumpkin pie and more.
If you’re looking for some new recipes to try at home for a change, your search ends here. Executive Chef of The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, Mahesh Padala, has shared two of his signature recipes.
Pumpkin Gnocchi and Wilted kale, Butter Sage Sauce
Mashed potato 500gm
Refined flour 100gm
Potato starch 80gm
Olive oil 20ml
Salt to taste
Crush black pepper to taste
Kale leaves 100gm
Parmesan cheese 50gm
Baby tomato 20gm
1. Mix mashed potato, refined flour, semolina and potato starch.
2. Add salt, crushed pepper, nutmeg, parmesan and knead until dough forms.
3. Transform the dough in gnocchi shape and blanch in boiling water.
For the sauce:
1. Melt the butter in a pan, add pan-seared gnocchi and wilted kale.
2. Add salt, crush pepper and parmesan cheese in the gnocchi.
3. Garnish with roasted pinenut, walnut and baby tomatoes.
4. Drizzle olive oil on top.
Grilled Sea bass with Pickled Pumpkin Puree, Toasted nuts
Sea bass fillet 200 gm
Olive oil 80 ml
Vinegar white wine 30ml
Chopped onion 50gm
Italian lime 1no
Pine nut 5gm
Orange 2 wedge
Salt to taste
Crush pepper to taste
1. Heat pan, pour in oil and sear sea bass until light brown colour.
2. Roast the fish in the oven at 180.c for eight minutes.
3. In another pan, make pumpkin butter sauce, by melting butter.
4. Add chopped onion, white wine vinegar, pumpkin dice, salt and crushed pepper.
5. Once the pumpkin is cooked, blend it in motor pastel.
6. Arrange the sea bass on the plate and arrange Charred asparagus and pickle pumpkin puree, orange wedges on the side of the sea bass.
7. Arrange the toasted pistachio and pinenut on top of fish.
8. Serve with butter sauce.