A chance meeting with Ash King & Mohit Suri changed my life: Ved Sharma
Ved Sharma recently released a new single Heer and it has been winning hearts ever since. Hailing from a small town called Dabra in Madhya Pradesh, Ved says coming to Mumbai and making it big someday was a distant reality.
Read the complete interaction below.
1. Tell us about Heer. What/Who is the inspiration behind this song?
In every artist’s journey, he or she gets inspired by the people & situations that surround him & I guess Heer also came about in the same way. Heer is about a man professing his love to the woman of his dreams.
2. Take us through your journey from Madhya Pradesh to Mumbai?
I started off as an RJ & a Voice over artist and was surrounded by music. That’s when I had the zeal of learning Music production. A chance meeting with Ash King & Mohit Suri changed my life & after that, there’s been no looking back as the destination was ‘Mumbai’
3. How and when did you meet Mohit Suri? How long did it take to finally get noticed?
I met Ash King during a film promotion who in turn introduced me to Mohit Sir. I made him hear a song I had written, composed & sung. At that point, he (Mohit) told me about a concept that he was working on to give independent musicians a platform to showcase their music outside of Bollywood films. After months of hard work, we recorded the song in Mumbai & there’s been nothing but positive feedback for the song.
4. Do you like being a singer more than being a Radio jockey?
Yes, I do. It’s been a dream to record and release my own song.
5. How has the reaction on Heer been from your fans in MP?
The feedback has been overwhelming. I’m so thankful to the people who have loved the song & motivated me to keep this going.
6. Do you wish to sing for a Bollywood Film? If yes which director would you want to debut with?
I feel like I was born to sing and would love to sing more and more for my listeners and supporters! I would be more than privileged to sing for Mohit Sir & Imtiaz Ali.
7. What's next? Tell us about your upcoming projects.
There are few exciting projects in the pipeline, will disclose in due course.