Style tips from Bipasha Basu: How to power dress your way through the day
AXN and The Label Life have partnered to celebrate the strong, independent, working women of today by launching ‘The Power Dressing Edit | AXN exclusive’. Curated by powerful women and Style Editors Sussanne Khan, Malaika Arora and Bipasha Basu, the special collection is inspired by the most talented, revered and versatile female protagonists on AXN. Bipasha says, “In-keeping with The Label Life Women and the strong, powerful women portrayed on the channel, comes The Power Edit. Both The Label Life and AXN make powerful women their muse; women who have long 9-to-9 days that demand impeccable style, but with comfort”.
Bipasha also gives a sneak peek into her personal style statement. Here are five tips for professional women who want to ‘dress the talk’:
1. Always choose smart fabrics. You want to go in for breathable fabrics like Cotton, Jersey, Linen, Tencel and stretchable Suede. These not only frame your silhouette well, but they also keep you comfortable as you go about your day - from desk to drinks!
2. Opt for silhouettes that don't get in your way. Think, shift dresses, A-line skirts, boyfriend shirts, chic pussy bow blouses, flattering peg pants and high waist flare pants.
3. Make comfortable shoes your closest friends. Shoe bites and too-high heels are not fun when you have a manic Monday ahead of you. Opt for block heels that give you an instant lift, yet are sturdy enough to not keep you hurting. Not a fan of heels? No problem. Make mules, strappy sandals, and even sliders (for casual Fridays) your go-to. These are perfect slip-on-and-go styles.
4. Always, always have a transfer-proof lipstick in your bag for quick touch ups between meetings. Make shades of nudes, plums, and pale pinks your pick.
5. Carry a wrinkle-resist blazer folded away in your tote. This makes you always-ready for impromptu meetings, whilst keeping you looking sharp. Go for blazers in tweed or spandex.