Karan Kakkad of Reverse Factor preps you up with some dos and don’ts this summer
Reverse Factor, an organisation in India that helps people reverse lifestyle diseases with the help of right food talks about a healthy approach this summer to keep you away from chronic deceases. Karan Kakkad, an International Nutri-genomics and Disease Reversal expert based in Kolkata, shares some important tips.
A few do’s and don’ts
● Avoid food that heat you up. Some foods in general tend to heat you up from the inside and given the temperature outside, it is best to avoid those. So avoid deep fried and spicy food.
● Avoid alcohol and any caffeinated drinks. We all love the sip of coffee, however that will do more harm than good. Coffee, cold drinks and alcohol are all acidic in nature. They also act as diuretic causing loss of fluids from the body.
● Say no to icy cold drinks. If the temperature goes up, then our first choice is to sip on those icy cold mocktails and cocktails. But sipping on to those will just delay the process of digestion and assimilation to a greater extent. Go for drinks that are kept at room temperature.
● Binge on fruits and vegetables. Raw foods and vegetables are always the best choice but let us understand which fruits and vegetables are best to have this summer. Try concentrating more on seasonal fruits.
● 5 fruits for Summer – Lychee, Bael, Jamun, Mango, Muskmelon
● 5 vegetables for Summer - Beans, Long Beans, Okra (Bhindi), Kundru, Cucumber
● Coconut water and fresh juices are a great way to not only quench your thirst but to hydrate your body as well.
● Drinking water is extremely important as it helps rehydrate your body and allows it to function better. Make sure you drink at least 8-10 glasses of water, so as to stay hydrated. Do not drink extremely chilled water as it is detrimental to your health.