The 6th Bengaluru Comic Con received tremendous fan response
Comic Con India hosted city’s biggest pop culture event - Maruti Suzuki Bengaluru Comic Con 2017 Powered by One Plus over the weekend at KTPO Convention Centre. The show hosted a spectacular lineup of events including special international guest appearances, exclusive experiential & gaming zones, artist alley, fans sessions, cosplay, book launches and much more.
Jatin Varma, Founder, Comic Con India, shared, “Thanks to all the fans to who turned up this weekend and helped us make this the weekend of the year! And thanks to all our sponsors, partners, exhibitors & volunteers who helped us put together the show! We’ll be back next year, as always, bigger & better”
Popular comic book creators such as Gavin Aung Thang, Cartoonist & creator of the very popular Cartoon Blog Zen Pencils; John Layman, Comic Book writer most known for writing Chew, published by Image Comics; Scott Hampton, Illustrator of iconic properties as Batman, Sandman, Black Widow, Hellraiser and Star Trek and Tabitha Lyons, International Pro-Cosplayer attended and took sessions attended and took special sessions at BCC 2017.
Popular Stand Up Comedians & Web Stars, Sahil Shah, from East India Comedy & Naveen Richards from Them Boxer Shorts, performed live at the show!
On Day 1 of the Convention, Amar Chitra Katha conducted a stage session - 50 & Beyond. In the session, Editor Reena Puri discussed a half-a-century long journey of ACK through history, mythology, folk tales and India’s greatest heroes along with a quiz. On Day 2, A session called Tinkle Presents Wingstar took place, where Rajani Thindiath (Editor-in-chief Tinkle) and Sean D’mello (Assistant Editor and Writer for WingStar) discussed about what went into creating WingStar, India’s youngest crime-fighter from the house of Amar Chitra Katha and straight from the pages of Tinkle comics.
At BCC, fans got an opportunity to interact with awesome artists, illustrators, designers working for comics and related fields. The show featured creators from all over india, such as Abhijeet Kini, Aniruddho Chakraborty, Sailesh Gopalan, Saumin Patel, Vivek Goel, Rajeev Tamhankar, Sumit Kumar and many more. For the sheer love for Comics, 5 Comic Book & 4 Webcomic launches took place at Bengaluru Comic Con 2017. These were Rhyme Fighters : Odes to our Unsung Heroes, Caster Issue #2 , Age Of Immortals #3, Rudra - Launch of New Indian Superhero, Uttara: Varun Series, The guide to hipsters, State Bank of comics, Oye Chhotu and many more..
At the convention, fans got to buy merchandise from the best and most exclusive International merchandisers from across the globe. Also, there were exclusive Indian merchandisers including Planet Superheroes, Red Wolf, MC Sid Razz, The Entertainment Store, Macmerise, The Souled Store, Graphicurry, Wacom and many more.
In addition, AXN put up several experience centres like th
- Breaking Bad
- If you were in Breaking Bad, could Walter White trust you? Could you be his getaway driver? Are you worthy for the job, when the stakes are so high?! Take on the Breaking Bad challenge & get behind the wheel to transport important ‘items’ from point A to the Los Pollos Hermanos factory. But you have to do all of this in limited time to make sure that Gustavo Fring doesn’t kill you!
- Original Vikings Costume and props for display
- We’ve received the actual costume of Ragnar and Lagertha, the main characters of Vikings, which we are bringing to the fans in India. They will be put up for display, along with the original props received from the show that people can see, get excited about and take photos with
- Vikings Caricature
- There will be an exclusive caricature booth, where all the AXN and Vikings fans can get their faces painted onto the bodies of their beloved characters – Lagertha and Ragnar, becoming Vikings themselves
- Sherlock Puzzle
- Only a true Sherlockian can solve puzzles this intense and time-bound. Fans have to put together the Sherlock puzzle within the given time to win exclusive AXN and Sherlock goodies. And to prove themselves to be true to Sherlockian fandom, losing is not an option!
- Apart from these exciting activities, they also had a Sherlock and Breaking Bad costumes where fans can get into them, be the characters themselves and LIVE R. E. D.!