Actor MP Nusrat Jahan states that her marriage to Nikhil Jain is invalid in India
Nusrat Jahan says there is no question divorce as it is not a legal marriage as per Indian law
With speculations rife about actor and Trinamool MP Nusrat Jahan's broken marriage with Nikhil Jain and rumours floating in the air about her alleged pregnancy, Nusrat finally decided to come forward and clear the air with her version of the development.
In an open letter to the media, Nusrat said the following:
- Being on a foreign land, as per Turkish Marriage Regulation, the ceremony is invalid. Moreover, since it was an interfaith marriage, it requires validation under Special Marriage Act. in India, which did not happen. As per court of law, it is not a Marriage, but a relationship or a live-in relationship. Thus, the question of divorce does not arise. Our separation happened long back, but I did not speak about it as I intended to keep my private life to myself. Thus, my actions must not be questioned based on “separation” by the media or anybody I am not related to. The alleged marriage is not legal, valid and tenable; and thus, was not a marriage at all in the eye of law.
- My visit to any place for business or for the purpose of leisure, should not concern anyone with whom I have separated. All my expenses have always been borne by me contrary to claims by “someone”.
- I would also state that I have solely borne the expenses for my sister’s education and my family’s well-being, from day one, as they have been my responsibility. I need not use or keep anyone’s Credit Card, who I am not related to anymore. This too can be backed up by evidence.
- The one who claims to be ‘rich’ and ‘been used by me’ has been taking money from my Account by accessing my Bank Accounts illegally and by illegitimate means at odd-hours of the night, even post separation. I have already taken this up with the concerned Banking Authority and a Police Complaint shall be filed shortly. In the past, details of all family Accounts were handed over to him, upon his request and none of me or my family members were aware of any instructions given to the Bank via. Our Accounts. He has also been mishandling my funds from various accounts without my knowledge and consent. I am still battling it out with the Bank & if need be, would release proof of the same.
- Also, my belongings, including my Clothes, Bags and Accessories still remain with them. I am disheartened and disappointed to state that all my family jewellery, given to me by my parents, friends and extended family, including my own hard-earned assets has been illegally held back by them.
- Being 'rich' does not always give a man the right to act as a victim & belittle the woman alone, in this society. I have made my own identity by my sheer hard work; thus I would not allow anyone not related me to share the limelight or a title or followers, based on my identity.
- I would never speak up about my personal life or anyone I am not related to. Thus, people who call themselves “normal people” must not entertain anything which is not related to them.
I would request the media to refrain from questioning the wrong person, who has not been a part of my life since long now. Turning a “Sadharon” person, as claimed by someone, into a “Hero”, giving one-sided stories to malign my image is not desirable. I would earnestly request my friends from the media to not give unnecessary mileage to such people or situation.
Meanwhile, according to reports in other media, Nikhil Jain has said that he had appealed for annulment of their marriage and refused to comment further as the matter is subjudice.