7 looks to make a good impression on your first day of college
Wondering what to wear to college on your first day? Everyone knows first impressions are everything. With these few tips, we hope you get what you’re looking for.
1. Palazzo and t-shirt : If you’re going for a cool, care-free look, a palazzo and printed t-shirt will take you there. Stay calm and collected even if you’re nervous.
2. Trendy Backpack: Accessories play an important role in the way you look. A cute backpack that can hold all your college essentials, can give you a trendy and chic look. A leather backpack will make you feel sophisticated, while a canvas bag with prints gives you a cute and friendly vibe.
3. Denim jacket: The classic denim jacket is a must-have, not just for your first day, but as a wardrobe essential. Pair it with t-shirt and contrasting jeans or even a skater dress.
4. Sneakers: With the athleisure trend showing no signs of dying down, the sneakers have become even more important than they were before. Pick a pair of plain white or dusty rose sneakers to channel your inner Gigi Hadid. With all the running around you’ll be doing trying to find your new classrooms, this will be a smart choice.
5. Minimalistic jewellery: You don't always need something loud and over the top to make a statement. Opt for minimalistic pieces, especially on the first day. A small pendant through a long or short chain will go a long way.
6. Chic stationery: Opt for a book with interesting artwork on the cover to carry around on campus. Apart from being useful for taking down notes in class, the book will also double up as a fashion accessory.
7. Brooches and Badges: For the most part, we enter college with zero friends and making friends becomes the ultimate goal during the first few weeks. Brooches or badges of your favourite TV shows, sports teams or celebrities can prove to be conversation starters and connect you with people who share similar interests.