Adidas Running brings tailored fibre placement technology with the new solar boost
Adidas running brings tailored fibre placement technology to the sports industry like no one else with the new solarboost.
- The brand new technical Solar boost features rocket science you can wear
- Featuring BOOST and revolutionary Tailored Fibre Placement technology, the Solarboost delivers lightweight support, superior cushioning and precise comfort
- New running silhouette delivers higher energy return compared to NIKE epic react flyknit, proven by internal research and verified by an independent external partner
- Inspired by NASA engineering, the shoe is built for pure function, performance and empowers runners to harness superior energy and self-confidence
- adidas Running launches a brand-new technical performance silhouette for those who demand the best in performance, comfort and energy return when they run.
Inspired by NASA engineering and designed for pure function, the Solarboost is a high-performance, lightweight running shoe created using adidas’ best innovations. Featuring pioneering data-driven Tailored Fibre Placement technology which lays down fibres which feature Parley material content, every single millimeter of the shoe is precisely stitched and constructed. The result – superior comfort, fit and support in a lightweight form so runners can move confidently at any speed or distance.
Confidence was a key inspiration behind the new franchise. Knowing that running enthusiasts run to gain self-belief in other aspects of their lives, the silhouette is designed to build this confidence in runners by equipping them with advanced technology. In the first of its kind to feature Adidas Runner’s community members, who are at the center of everything that adidas Running does, the supporting Run To rise campaign is designed to celebrate the peak in confidence and energy that runners experience when they complete their run.
Drawing parallels with the construction of a space-shuttle, in which every part has a unique purpose, every element in the Solarboost has been maximised for a specific performance-driven function. Weighing only 295g (men’s 8.5 UK), the new silhouette is 15g lighter than the previous Energy Boost silhouette, reflecting a significant reduction in weight whilst delivering superior energy return through BOOST technology. Internal research verified by an independent external partner proved that the new adidas solar boost delivers higher energy return with each and every stride compared to the recently launched NIKE Epic React Flyknit.
Tested by the adidas Runners community in key cities across the world, within a wide range of temperatures and conditions, the lightweight yet durable model features adidas’ most ground-breaking innovations, including:
- NEW Tailored Fibre Placement: cutting-edge technology uses Aramis data to precisely lay down fibres which feature Parley material content in the mid-foot to support the runner
- Updated Energy rail: a brand new, lightweight symmetrical construction that works with BOOST to increase stability
- Refined fit counter: supportive lightweight heel construction, designed to enable the free motion of the Achilles tendon as well as a wider, more accommodating fit
- BOOST sole: a highly responsive 85% BOOST midsole provides superior, lightweight cushioning to energise runners from the ground up
- Optimised Stretch web: rubber outsole with a superior grip that adapts to every runner’s foot strike by moving in harmony with boost to provide a smoother and more flexible ride.
Chris Ekman, Senior Product Manager, adidas Running, said: “We knew it was time to challenge the status quo of a performance running shoe. To create a lightweight, supportive and comfortable silhouette for every runner, we took inspiration from the automotive and aerospace industries and discovered Tailored Fibre Placement, a precision manufacturing technology that allowed us to stitch materials together more precisely than ever before. We combined this with an updated Energy rail and optimised BOOST for a more efficient take-off. In pioneering the use of Tailored Fibre Placement within the running footwear industry, we were able to engineer the most technical running silhouette ever created by adidas Running.”
The SOLAR BOOST (MRP 13,999) will be available online and in select adidas stores in India from June 1st, 2018.